Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Youth Camp

So i'm recapping a little. I'm actually in Mexico now, but went to beach camp with all the youth last week. Kyle put me in a room with a group of guys that seemed as if they had been straight lining red bull for about 72 hours. Right above my bunk was the notorious C-H-A-N-C-E. He is by far the most hyper young man I've ever had the privilege of meeting. The funny thing about our room was that at the end of the night everyone got a goodnight and an I love you from every other room mate. I never really understood how to take that.

I got to speak three times last week and God really showed up. We had three students make professions of faith and many of them began to really strive to hear the vocie of God on their journey. I believe the things God is doing through that group will be Epic. Next week me and Audge begin to meet with our student small group. We are oober excited and a little nervous that we are too much of old farts to still connect to the younguns.

Speaking of Audge, I miss her bad. I've been away for almost two weeks now with just a day respite in between. I can't wait to see her and Deci again. I love doing mission work and ministry, but it is always more fun with Audge by my side. Deci's conversations have been keeping me going. She is so funny. I know there are not any real words coming out, but you can feel the emotion in her tone. I want to hug them both.

I'm sure I'll have more to talk about as we get back from Mexico. God is still turning my world upside down and I love it.

No comments: