Friday, May 22, 2009

A wife of noble character

I have started reading this book called "Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be" (by Donna Partow) with a group of ladies from church. I am on day two in the devotion part and I'm already feeling challenged to be the wife of noble character. I looked up the definition of Noble: impressive in appearance and Character: the inherent complex of attributes that determines a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions. I have started to think about my actions and reactions to life. I really struggle with being the woman God wants me to be but I've found myself in a time in my life where I'm not happy about who I am. I'm always looking forward in life, dreaming about accomplishing great things but I feel stuck in my selfish life. I am hoping this book will get me off this plateau and headed up the mountain. This makes me think of those ladies in my life, now and growing up, that are such a awesome example of this proverb 31 woman. My favorite thing in the world is to sit down and spend the day in deep conversation with them.
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
Proverbs 31:10-11

No comments: