Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dahlonega Georgia

Q surprised me for our 4 year anniversary and took me on a two day trip to Dahlonega Georgia. It was beautiful! This picture above was on the way. The clouds were beautiful!

This was at our Bed and Breakfast where we had the most wonderful breakfast the next morning. Blue berry french toast! Yummy!!


The Wolf Mountain Vineyard













This was down town Dahlonega. It was the old gold museum.


This was a picture of Helen Ga. I wasn't too impressed with this place. It reminded me of a smaller Gatlinburg Tn. The place we picked to eat was horrible also. We sat inside at first and it was REALLY hot so we moved outside where I got bit by 9 mosquitoes in 20 minutes! (just on my feet and we had two citronella candles)


This place was really cool! It is the Funcky Chicken Art Project Gallery/Studio. It was inside an old Chicken house. The art was unbelievable and very expensive.



This was probably my favorite thing of the trip, Amicalola Falls State Park. It is where the start of the Appalachian trail starts. You can start at the bottom of the falls and hike a ways then climb 175 stairs to the middle of the waterfall to a bridge that crosses. Then you could take another 400 steps up to the top. We decided we didn't want to be stinky the rest of the way home so we only walked up to the bridge then drove up to see the top.


This is the bridge at the 1/2 way mark.





The 175 stairs







3 comments:

Kerrie Williams said...

wow that place is GORGEOUS!! I would love to go to the falls sometime.

Audrey said...

We should take a trip! It's only about 3 or 4 hours away. I would like to hike all the way to the top.

Ladners'Latest said...

That's fun...and what a great surprise! (Good job Q)