Sunday, August 9, 2009

Big Girl Bed

We finally got Deci off of her mattress in the floor! She is in a twin bed and she is soooo excited! You know me, I can't just do one thing at a time with her. Like before when I got her out of her baby bed the same week I started potty training. Well, last week I took her Paci away and then put up her twin bed. As far as taking the paci away it hasn't been as bad as I thought. I cut the tips off and she found them on her mattress when she went to sleep for her nap. She tried all 4 of them out and then looked at me and said, "Help me" I told her they were broken and she went and put them in the trash. She started crying then and took one back out. (I did put it back, yuck) She had one more "broken" paci that she held onto for another day until she left it at her cousins house. Naps and bedtime were hard for a few days. She would cry while trying to go to sleep because she couldn't sooth herself to sleep. Her paci's were her security blanket. That's been the hardest part for me knowing that was what soothed her to sleep but in the end I know it is a good decision and she will be fine in a few more days. It's already much better.

No comments: