Monday, April 2, 2012

Marriage Letters: On Serving Together

Join Me and Q, along with Amber over at The Run a Muck, as we write marriage letters to encourage each other in our marriages... to preserve marriage... Will you join us?

Q,
   I'm so blessed and honored that God gave me a partner like you.  If I ever dreamed up my marriage as teenager this is exactly how I would have imagined the serving together part.  We'll maybe not EXACTLY... I'm not sure I knew that when we had kids I would struggle with what serving with you still looked like.  I'm still trying to figure that out.  I did imagine that when I got married I would have a mate that loved the Lord as much as I did and make our lives about finding ways to serve together. 

    You have taught me so much about serving.  It seems to come more naturally for you to love others and I am constantly having to train my mind to think of others first.  I tend to be negative and you are always there to show me the positive side of life.  I need that and I think that's part of the reason we work so well together.  By your life and the way you love, I am encouraged to serve more...to love more...  I think we are that iron sharpening iron.

   I'm so excited about living the rest of my life serving with you!  
    
                   -A

       

No comments: