Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sometime's you get what you wish for...

So, Deci's Birthday is this week. We had her birthday party this past Saturday. I'll be posting pictures from that soon. For weeks now when you ask Deci what she wants for her Birthday she will say "Kitty, Kitty! Two Kitty Kitty!" Quinton and I went back and forth on whether or not we wanted another pet. We were loving not having any pets but part of me really wanted a cat because Deci really wanted one. I know she can't really take care of it but it was the only thing that she was asking for. So, I decided not to get her a cat but the last thing Q said was that I could make the decision but that he didn't think it was a good idea.


On Sunday (The week before her party) I mentioned it in the nursery that Deci really wanted a cat. My friend Marice heard me and we talked about it a little. Her and Josh got Deci a Cow last year so we joked about how she needed to get her an animal ever year. I didn't think she was serious. On Friday morning I get a call from Marcie that she found me a cat at a Vet.'s office here in town. I didn't think much about it...besides, it's not me giving our child a cat...it's someone else so Q won't care right! So Quinton gets home at 5:00. At 5:30 Josh and Marcie pull up with this...



(Here they are making her close her eye's to wait)
A kitty!!!

Look at that face!! She was so excited!




I found a few flea eggs on it's belly so I decided to give it a bath.
Come to find out it had LOTS of fleas! It was infested with them! I have never seen so many fleas on a cat in my life...I'm not exaggerating at all. It was horrible. I called Marcie in panic. I really wanted to give it back but what I asked is if I could put the cat outside. I've had fleas in the house before and it was horrible. They take over a house in no time and it wasn't happening again! So, I was screaming while washing the cat, almost crying. Q was saying "I told you so" "Do you not ever listen"... Deci was wondering why she couldn't hold her cat. It was a mad house! Deci got my phone and called her Pops by accident and he could hear me in the back ground screaming "It has fleas! It's Covered in fleas! Yuck! What do I do? What do I do?"


We ended up putting him outside in a pet taxi with it's food, water and a towel. The next day we let it out to roam. It just hangs out on the porch and we go out and visit. We named it Socks...well, Deci wanted to Name it "Da Da" and Then "Nick Nick" Then "Da Da Nick" but we decided on Socks. Oh and by the way the next day after another bath I only found one live flea and I caught Q on the porch talking baby talk to the kitty! He's in love...I knew it would happen but I did learn a valuable lesson: Let Q know next time someone wants to bring us anything alive!






1 comment:

Ladners'Latest said...

Chiquita was literally covered in fleas when I got her. I immediately took her to the vet and they gave her a capstar. (A pill that kills all the fleas within 15 min.) Fleas were falling off dead everywhere...it was gross! But congrats on the kitty and Happy Birthday Deci!